Friday, February 6, 2015

My top 3 favorite Allu Arjun movies and explanation why

Everyone has different opinions and this is mine. My top 3 favorite Allu Arjun movies and why, just cause. I cannot make a list without explaining myself. Why it worked for me.

Number 3

ARYA 2


Pros

Bunny's style, Bromance, songs

Check out Bunny's wardrobe in Arya 2. So stylish. So chique. I love the flat iron look. The glasses makes him look cool and not geeky nor nerdy. He's hot!

I'm not talking about the bromance between Arya and Ajay, more like Arya and Raj Reddy. I love their BFF moment, especially when "Yeh Dosti" - Sholay is playing in the background.

 


The songs are really good. Arya 2 is actually my favorite soundtrack of Bunny's films. I still listen to it all the time. "Ringa Ringa" was my ringtone for a very long time.

Honestly, I didn't like the movie, Arya, much except for the music. I know it's a huge hit. The version of Arya 2 to me has deeper meaning and more in-depth characters. You really don't know who to feel sorry for. Arya 2 is equivlaent to Arya on crack, to some people. But remember, some do like being "high." ;P


Cons

Geeta

Oh why oh why does Arya loves Geeta so much, I understand it's more about Arya & but it still bothers me about why he loves Geeta so much. Like the prior Arya, Geeta is annoying and doesn't care for Arya. But at least in part one, toward the climax, we understand Arya's love for Geeta. In Arya 2, I have no idea why Arya love Geeta so much. Sure, Arya 2 is more focus on Arya's friendship with Ajay, which I'm fine with but why does he like Geeta??? She is annoying and has attitude with Arya and breaks her cell phone when she's frustrated. It's quite obvious that in both Arya's, Geeta only starts liking Ajay not because she feels any love towards him but because it's mostly out of pity. To me, Geetha is just a very annoying, dislikeable character and a spoil brat.

Number 2

HAPPY


Pros

Chemistry between Bunny & Genelia, Manoj Bajpayee, songs

I love the love/hate relationship between Bunny & Madhu. I really think Bunny & Genelia look really good together too. Genelia is one of my favorite heroine paired opposite Bunny. I think they match and compliment each other well.


I have yet to watch any movie of Manoj Bajpayee that I didn't like. This guy is so freaking underrated. The funny part is that Manoj has this serious look but his comical performance makes you laugh.


Cons

The ending. I loved everything about the movie until the last ten minutes of the film. The ending dragged and was unnecessary. Otherwise, I loved everything else about the movie from beginning to end.

Number 1


RACE GURRAM

Pros

The entire cast, storyline, comedy, songs, Bunny & Shruti's amazing dancing

Okay, the reason why Race Gurram is my favorite Bunny film is simply the fact of the entire cast. Everyone was puuuurfect in their roles. Bunny & Shruti is my fave on screen couple. No other heroine could match up to Bunny in the dance department and have the charismatic charm. Both are so hot together and sizzled together. The storyline did not focus on their love but when the film turned to their pairing, I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. No doubt about that I have a huge girl crush on Shruti now either.


Storyline is quite different. It focuses on "blood is thicker than water." What I liked most about it is the character Lucky. I feel that he is a mischievous, naughty guy but deep down inside, he is a kind hearted, loving person. For example, he may not follow the law but his actions verifies what is straight from his heart. He doesn't have a big ego either. He doesn't care to take credit for what he has done, instead, he just wants what is right to be done.

There were a lot of comedic scenes. From Prakash to Ali to Brahmi, everyone's appearance just made it more enjoyable. Some of my favorite comedic scenes are between the two brothers Lucky & Ram, especially the scene when Ram happily dancing about the marriage refusal and didn't realize what the reason behind what Lucky said.


Telugu actors are the best dancers in India. Straight up. However, I have never seen any other dancer like Bunny. Every movie of his that releases, there is always something amazing in the dancing. He makes a slow song sexy. The two songs in Race Gurram takes it to another level. What is amazing is that it includes Shruti who shows off her hour glass figure and keeping up with Bunny in the dance steps. Wow. Just wow. If you have not seen "Cinema Choopista Mava," then you must watch asap. It is amazing.

Topping it off with "Down Down." I have not seen any Indian songs, whether Telugu, Tamil, or Hindi that filmed the style of an ABDC (American's Best Dance Crew, one of my favorite show). The intricate moves are on point! I was blown away. Again, the song shows off both Bunny & Shruti's amazing dance skills. Watch now.


Cons

OTT action

Some may like. Some may not. I think for the feel of the movie, it worked fine. I can see why some logical mind thinking person wouldn't like it. I think it's there for the comic relief and worked well….in some scenes. There are some scenes that I thought had too much slow-mo and wished it was just done in normal speed. For me, with action, I prefer fast paced, I do not need to see every sweat that comes from the actors.

So these three are my top 3 favorite Allu Arjun movies and why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment